[Spridgets] Windshield Spacers

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Windshield Spacers
From: James Gruber <thistle_3619@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 06:06:46 -0800 (PST)
One of the tricks I found in reattaching my windshield as a one man job was to
cut a slit in the side of the spacers with a Dremel Tool so that I could get
both bolts installed on each side and them I could slide the spacers in place
over the bolts from inside the car. This turned a two person job into a one
man job.

On another note, Windshield bolts are either two different lengths or I need
to go back and add another washer. My top bolt cannot get tight enough as
windshield still moves around when I shut the door and it appears top bolt is
rubbing against fender and cannot be tightened any more. Rather than dimple
the fender, remove bolt add a washer for additional clearance and reattach.

Having an issue with pulling windshield forward enough? Solution, I used a
line/shoestring  passed through the visor holes and pulled forward to keep
things taut before I tightened. Using several pulleys and a block, that I
originally hung from ceiling for one person Bugeye Bonnet removal(sailing
hardware from the back of the garage), so I can tighten line as needed to pull
windshield a little forward, and then tighten the windshield bolts.