[Spridgets] Holy Sprite withdrawal already setting in...

To: spridget <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Holy Sprite withdrawal already setting in...
From: David Booker <tncarnut1@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 07:01:50 -0800 (PST)
I don't even know where to start.  This is one of the best experiences I've
ever been priveledged to take (a small) part in.  I can't believe it's now
basically complete and time to move on.

I take with me the knowledge that I've made lots of new friends, many of which
I know will be there for years to come.  What an incredible community we've
stumbled across here.  Where else can you find a group of regular people
willing - no, eager - to take the time and expense to fly or drive from all
around North America, or send money and parts from around the world to help
out somebody they don't know?  All with no chance of glory, recognition, or
payback of any kind other than the knowledge that they did something good.

The experience itself was of course more than ample payback for us all.  I'm
so glad I was able to get to Frank & Dianne's house for two weekends of the
fun.  The look on Father Jack's face when he pulled out of the drive last
night just about choked me up.  Goofy I know, especially with the crowd
cheering, clapping, and taking photos, but it was really moving.

I also learned a HUGE amount that will be useful on my own car.  The direction
that the knuckles on the upper suspension face is one in particular I hope to
remember when time comes to re-do my own front end, although I've been assured
you don't get it right till at least the third time you mount them
backwards...

 - David Booker
'71 Midget
Long Island