Re: [Spridgets] HIF6 carbs

To: "Michael Rowe" <mdrowe@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] HIF6 carbs
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 08:16:26 -0600
I don't know about using them on a Hog.  But, Hogs have similar
displacement so I would surmise that it would be an easy swap.
I do know about and have used HIF6s from Volvos.  Some Volvo models
had a pair of HIF6s.  But, on the pairs only one had a fuel enrichment
(choke) circuit.
I also got a really good deal on a very nice HIF44 on ebay.co.uk.
With shipping it was less than $200USD and was set up for A-Series
motor "fast road" use.
HIFs are great carbs.  Once you get to know them, you will like them,
if your are mechanically inclined.  If not, find a good mechanic and
he will like them.
Find the right spring/needle combo and damping fluid and the rest is
adjustable.
Cheers,
Derf