Re: [Spridgets] Holy Headache

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Holy Headache
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 16:55:24 -0800 (PST)
--- On Wed, 11/12/08, Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net> wrote:

> semi miss on cyl  #3.
> I changed the plug, it sparks everything is OK and it has
> 140 psi compression, not great but not horrible.
> So why the miss at all speeds.

A BTDT guess is you've got crap in one of the ring grooves in #3 and the ring
isn't expanding sometimes and you have no compression (sometimes). After
sitting for 100 years, you may have had enough glaze and sh!t to break a ring
or wavy expander as well. By all means get the head done, but while the head is
out pop out the pistons, clean them up and re-ring the thing at least. Do a
quick hand drill hone job on it while you're at it. Don't cost nuthin'.

Ron