Re: [Spridgets] PCV ?

To: <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>, Spridget Blog <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] PCV ?
From: Len Hansen <wallstreetlen@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 02:40:04 +0000
Glen,

Would the old style Chevy PVC work?  It is small and would fit in the hose
line to the manifold.> From: grbyrns@ucdavis.edu> To:
spridgets@autox.team.net> Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 14:15:04 -0800> Subject: Re:
[Spridgets] PCV ?> > Bill et al,> > The diaphragm is pulled down against a
spring-loaded valve at high vacuum, > closing off the suction at idle. At
higher rpm and thus lower vacuum, the > valve opens and applies manifold
vacuum to the block. It works very well > and dries up the rear seal on two of
my engines. It also stopped the > occasional "fogging" of the neighborhood. In
this eco-conscious town full > of Birkenstock-wearing, solar panel-washing,
Prius driving folk, I was > worried the townsfolk were going to march to my
place with solar torches and > organic mulch-rakes and speak harshly to me.
The diaphragms can still be > had new.> > Glen> > > Hello Spridgets,> >> >> >
came back> > WITHOUT the little pancake breather thing. It shows up in> > pics
of the Holy Sprite. Instead a rubber hose was run> > directly from the
manifold to the cannister. ?> >> > After years of running this configuration,
I've finally> > located a replacement, with a good diaphram.> >> > The
Question.. to what end? What is the purpose of the> > pancake thingy? Will
putting it back in the system relieve> > high crankcase pressure? I tend to
blow more oil at high> > rpms's .. will it help? does it hurt? .. what's the>
> Dealeee-O?> > -- > > Best regards,> > Bill L. mailto:pythias@pacifier.com>
http://windowslive.com/Explore/Hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_faster_1
12008