Re: [Spridgets] dash light bulb question

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] dash light bulb question
From: David Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 08:25:29 -0600
If you got it from British Wiring the dash bulb sockets are now
plastic(?) and take the bayonet type bulb which is all glass and just
push in. Because they are plastic each holder will have it's own ground
(earth) wire so you will have a bunch of extra black wires to connect to
ground (usually the instrument mounting bracket).

The bulbs are #194, from any parts store.

See:
http://www.tasauto.com/Product/Browse.aspx?h=1246&d=1364&p=3&sz=10
3rd one down on right side

And they come in all sorts of custom colors:
http://autolumination.com/194.htm
scroll down (next we'll be using Christmas lights!  Hmmmm, Ford has the
256 different colors for the instruments.............)

BTW, when I called BW I was told that the repo. metal sockets were very
poor quality (the phenolic insulator would dry out and fall apart and
become a source of fire, which would let all the smoke out...we need one
of Frank's smoke gauges).

Hope this helps,
Dave
Burlington WI