Re: [Spridgets] Impact Wrench (NO LBC)

To: <redmidget72@yahoo.com>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Impact Wrench (NO LBC)
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 10:47:53 -0600
Harbor Freight frequently puts their 110VAC 1/2" drive unit on sale under
$50. I paid $70 for mine and I have been quite happy with it. They also have
a 12VDC unit that goes on sale under $20 on a regular basis that is NOT
something to use in your garage, but it is a great kit for putting in your
wife's car. It is not fast; it is a "heavy rotor" motor that gets up to
speed, kicks in a centrifugal clutch and goes wham. Then it spins up again
and hits it again. Slow, but it will eventually break loose lugnuts that I
would have trouble getting off with a good lugwrench.
David Lieb
1972 1960 1974 1973