[Spridgets] Re,Re,Re, Spridget bent frame rails

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Re,Re,Re, Spridget bent frame rails
From: jjj@acsnet.com
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 23:11:26 -0600 (CST)
Since I feel responsible for opening this can of worms about frame rails I
would like to put a couple more cent's worth in. Ed, Bud, and Westlake
monza make some very good arguments.  In hind sight variation in bending
that I have noticed was probably all ahead of suspention mounts and due to
the car's bottoming out through dips. I,m thinking mainly about a BE that
I no longer own that, as I remember, had frame rails resembling runners on
a rocking chair. I have 3 spridgets right now and I will have to look them
over and check them with a straight edge for my own satisfaction at least
but I believe you guy's are right. I just refreshed my memory with J
Sprinzell's book and noticed that he said he never had problems with
spridgets front suspention's till the tail end of the London to Sydney
rally  when he had some weld cracking that needed to be repaired.
Considering what they had put the car thru I'd say it was strong enough.
Thanks for the sport!!!  Kurt