Re: [Spridgets] Sridgets (E type)

To: <jjj@acsnet.com>, <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Sridgets (E type)
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 09:40:37 -0500
That was C production, around '81-'82.  Freddy Baker was the driver, and the
car was campaigned out of a shop in Cleveland, Ohio (Gran Turisimo Jaguar,
or something like that).  Don't know if it was actually a 454 Chevy harmonic
balancer they used, or not (I tend to remember it as something they had made
up from their own drawings), but it allowed them to rev that big six
reliably.  The car raced in the Northeast Division, and I saw it race at
Nelson Ledges on many, many occasions.  It was an absolute rocket and used
to routinely beat all of the B production Corvettes, including that of
former A production Nat'l Champion (in a 427 Cobra) Ed Lowther.
Bud Osbourne