[Spridgets] Chinese Made "Stuff"

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Chinese Made "Stuff"
From: "Kirk Hargreaves" <khargreaves2@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 15:15:22 -0800
As a guitar player I have to say the quality of Chinese made instruments has
greatly improved.  My brother in law owns a Parkwood acoustic.  The
craftsmanship is top notch, as well as the tone.

The other day I looked inside the guitar body and was surprised to see "made
in China."   I think that once the basics of the guitar are put together in
China, the stateside factory takes over and does the final inspection and
set up.

Also, I would venture that the same CNC machines that make the basic cuts
are the same ones used in the States?

Billy Zoom would know more about this than I - but from what I have seen,
the Chinese factories (some of them) have stepped up the quality beyond what
I would have expected.

Personally, even with an improvement of quality, the gear I play is all US
made.  I cannot bring myself to own an instrument, or an amplifier (Bugera
as well) unless it was made in the States.

I would like to see some type of foreign trade restrictions back in place,
similar to what Ronald Reagan did for Harley Davidson - which helped the
motor company get back on it's feet.

Just a comment. . .

Kirk
59BE