[Spridgets] NAS bolt question

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] NAS bolt question
From: WeslakeMonza1330@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 16:42:11 EST
Hi list,

My expensive (for me) Aircraft Spruce nut and bold order arrived  today.
Most of it is simply re-stocking except for a few things I ordered  out of
interest.

One  out of interest item was  NAS1351C4H12  1/4-28 internal wrenching  bolts
(Allen head to me!).  They are not only stainless steel but also  drilled
head for lock wiring and it just so turned out the correct size for the  Titan
belt drive back plate to front engine plate fastening - except they were a
bit
long so I had to cut them down.
I only ordered 2 and need about 8 or so and can order the  slightly shorter
NAS1351C4H10.  Ideally I'd like a slightly shorter  size still.  I'd also like
a similar NAS stainless steel Allen head,  preferably drilled for lock wiring
in a much larger size - 3/8 UNF Allen cap x  1b under head - Just 2 for the
the car and 3 for spares.  Unfortunately I  don't have a NAS part number for
them and Aircraft Spruce don't do them.  I  want stainless as the existing
bolts
are rusting already after just over a year  on the car and drilled head as I
like to lock wire stuff where I can.   Allen head as they are in a place where
you can't use a  spanner.

I've done some googling on the small stuff to try and flush  out a supplier
but turned out a lot of aviation companies that wanted to quote -  I guess for
thousands if not tens of thousands.

Any suggsted suppliers (not simply taken from anyone's place  of work .....)?

Thanks

Weslake-Monza  1330