Re: [Spridgets] OT: Collision Insurance??

To: <cciaffone@verizon.net>, "spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] OT: Collision Insurance??
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 15:17:38 -0500
Chuck,
Figure that virtually any significant collision would cause sufficient
damage to total any '97 Honda.  With that in mind, why spend the money for
any collision coverage?  Just go with liability & comprehensive coverage and
you'll save plenty.  If you are worried about not being covered for
collision, in an "at fault" accident; just put the money saved from
collision premiums into a savings account.  You'll be much better off in the
long run.
Personally, I've never carried collision coverage on anything (including my
MGs and my Porsche 356) but my wife's Passat, and my BMW 2002Tii ("back in
the day").  I figure that, in the event of an at fault collision, I'm going
to fix the damn thing myself, anyway, and if I'm stupid enough to bend it I
deserve the financial pain that goes with it.  So far, in 46 or 47 years of
driving, the only cars that we've had at fault claims with were the ones
we've had collision coverage on.
Maybe a lesson to be learned, here ;)
Bud Osbourne