[Spridgets] Fwd: Re: 2011 Sridget Event

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Fwd: Re: 2011 Sridget Event
From: Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 08:47:37 -0800
This is a forwarded message
From: Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com>
To: phil burke <taskadog@yahoo.com>
Date: Saturday, January 10, 2009, 8:46:44 AM
Subject: 2011 Sridget Event

Hello phil,

     just to let ya know, its STILL about 800 miles, (a little under)
     for the "Washington Bills" to get to Elko... Two days drive...

     And i completely understand your concerns. And you are one of the
     people who really "made" the event for me at LotO and want to see
     you again. .. ..

     I SWORE that I would never again drive across the Rocky
     Mountains after that last trip. Not even in an air conditioned
     car, let alone a Sprite!!!... But then when they started talking
     about Elkhart Lake, and Road America... well time dulls all
     pain...BUT .. I don't want to even be a contender for long
     distance award, let alone a perrenial runner-up... which is what
     happens if the event is always held in the Mid-West.... And the
     same is true for you living in the opposite corner of the US....
     it IS a big country....

     One of the problems to consider with holding it in Colorado
     though is the altitude. It does means re-tuning the cars to run
     at nearly 10,000! Having gone over the Rockies I know what a hit
     the cars take at that altitude, because we did NOT retune as we
     went up, and down, and up and down again. ..

     If the event becomes "roving" it is obvious that not everyone
     will be able to get to every event. There are some who are die
     hards and have hair shirts and will do their best no matter the
     location, BUT we will pick up people who would not otherwise be
     able to make the long distance trips. We were put up by people
     along the way who wished they had the time/money to make the
     pilgrimage, and are already planning to get to this one simply
     because it IS doable for them. I know that I won't go as far as
     Pennsylvania for a gathering, just as some won't make a trip to
     Nevada, but a different cast of charachters is to be expected at
     each gathering anyway....

     just some thoughts on a saturday morning.......

--
Best regards,
 Bill L.                            mailto:pythias@pacifier.com

  "There's no need for silence," Tom allowed.

Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:pythias@pacifier.com