[Spridgets] Day 1 of "F This" weekend (no point but LBC content!)

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Day 1 of "F This" weekend (no point but LBC content!)
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 19:31:48 -0800 (PST)
My boys and I left Roscoe last night at -14F, arrived in Central Florida late
to find the natives in ski hats and gloves, 55F. Rented a car at the Sanford
airport, 2009 Chevy Malibu for $10.99 a day (recession), cheaper than car fare
to the coast. Woke up this AM, went down to the 1970 Midget, it has been
sitting since July 2007. Pull the choke, start the car. Hose it off, it looks
stunning and settles into a nice burble. Grab son #1, off we go for a bagel
run. Chilly morning, so we have jackets on but cruise around for the better
part of 2 hours. Absolutely amazing response to the car, more thumbs up than
we've gotten in 7 years of owning it. Later, I take the car to pick up
sunscreen at a Wal Mart, and I come out to find a guy my age (somewhere between
35 and dead) sitting at the curb waiting to talk to me about the car. He had a
67 Midget in high school, sorry he sold it. Wants to buy mine. I thank him but
don't entertain any offer. Get back, walk out
 of the garage, the fire inspector is at the condo. He ooohs and ahhs, wants to
buy the car. Nice. He is a bit of enthusiast, laments that there are no LBCs on
the road in Florida anymore. I find that hard to believe, but he seemed to be
the kind of guy who would notice. If you live in Florida, shame on you.

We spend the majority of the day on the beach reading (the natives are stunned,
as it is only in the low 60's and windy, but it was -25 in Roscoe this morning,
so we weren't about to waste any BTUs), but all in all a great day. I also got
to spend an hour driving a new 328I BMW. I must have one.

More Midget cruising on tap for tomorrow and Sunday AM, then back to the Tundra.

Back to political banter....

Ron