Re: [Spridgets] Bugeye bonnet supports

To: <lindalnhvt@nhvt.net>, spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Bugeye bonnet supports
From: brian S <bugeye15@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 22:49:32 -0500
Dick,

While I haven't tried this yet, I am planning on trying it for my
tilt front bonnet.
I would think that if you got the correct length, like by measuring
the bonnet supports, it would work. Should work if mounted
to the stock brackets.
I would try and pick ones that are for something that has a heavy
back tailgate so they'd handle the weight of the Bugeye bonnet.
I'd still use the prop rod as a back up tho, wouldn't want you to get
eaten by your Bugeye!

HTH, and hope you dig out soon!

Brian S.

Bugeyeracer under resto

> Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 20:36:36 -0500
> From: lindalnhvt@nhvt.net
> To: spridgets@autox.team.net
> Subject: [Spridgets] Bugeye bonnet supports
>
> I sent this a couple days ago, so now we have another foot of snow.
> Did this not reach the list or is this just a forbiden thing to consider?
> Dick B. in NH
>
> Has anyone found a suitable substitute for the bugeye bonnet supports that
> sell for about $60 each? Has anyone used replacement tailgate pnematic
> tubes like those used on SUVs? I've seen them in the auto parts places for
> about $25 each. Comments? Obviously mine isn't a concourse restoration,
> but I'd rather use something nicer that the current piece of wood. Dick in
> NH
> Waiting in single digit temps for more snow

Windows Live Hotmail.more than just e-mail.
http://windowslive.com/howitworks?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_hm_justgotbetter_howit
works_012009