[Spridgets] OT -interesting morning

To: "'Spridget List'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] OT -interesting morning
From: "Heard" <heard@datatrontech.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 12:05:19 -0500
Well, I've had an interesting morning.  Driving my old Tahoe with 290,000
miles on it to work.  Traveling down a dirt road in front of my house, I ran
over a piece pipe buried in the sand.  It wrapped around the axle near the
left rear wheel and broke the brake line.  I knew I had hit something but
didn't realize it was stuck until I got to the pavement and heard something
scraping down the pavement.  I hit the brakes and they went to the floor.  I
managed to get it stopped, called my trusty wrecker service and turned on
the flashers.  You might think this is strange enough, but you would be
incorrect....

I call my buddy at work and ask him to come get me so I can go back to the
house and get a different car.  He shows up and we are standing in the road
behind my vehicle waiting for the wrecker.  This is a pretty isolated road.
We see the wrecker coming down the dirt road and I notice there is a car
behind it.  The wrecker pulls over into the grass on the other side of the
road and I'm thinking...OK, he is going to turn around and grab my truck
from the rear.  At that moment, he does exactly that...not knowing there is
a car behind him.  So this young lady driving a Maxima, swerves to miss the
wrecker, just scrapes his bumper and my buddy and I both have to leap off
the road because she is heading right for us.  Sure enough, she plows right
into the rear of my truck.  I'm pretty sure it totalled the Maxima.  It
shoved my parked Tahoe about 15 feet and bent my bumper.  The girl was OK
thanks to the air bags.

I almost had to go change my shorts, and at this point, I'm thinking I need
more coffee....and another wrecker.

Heard