Re: [Spridgets] 9948 engine assembly help..

To: "'Peter Harrison'" <granvillecomputing@hotmail.com>, "'datsun'"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 9948 engine assembly help..
From: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 14:46:56 -0600
Hey Lester,

Could you post a picture?  Per your subject line - I've never seen a 9948cc
engine!!  Sounds like some kind of marine engine like the ones in the PT
boats!    ;-)

Cheers!!
Jim

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Lester <oldsaabguy@comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>        I am putting together my first 948.  After a little tweaking I now
> have the crank pulley and the water pump pulley lining up and the cam nut
> torqued * BUT* I am now supposed to bend up the cam washer to lock the cam
> nut in place.  The cam nut is supposed to fit  into the keyway in the cam.
>  My problem is simple:  I have the key in the keyway so there is no room for
> the cam washer tab to fit into the keyway.  I have secured it with locktite
> but I figured it's best to ask the experts, how do you suggest that I
> proceed?
>
> Thanks all,
>
> Lester

Cheers!!
Jim
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough
to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson