[Spridgets] FWIW, North Texas List members

To: Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Yahoo Spridget list
Subject: [Spridgets] FWIW, North Texas List members
From: Brad Fornal <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 18:38:33 -0600
On March 20th and 21st, Pinks All Out will be filming in Ennis at the drag
strip there. Dave is taking the face lifted Drag Sprite to see how it stands
against the competition.
He had gotten it tuned in to just under 120 mph in around 15.5 sec in the
1/8th mile, with a 150 shot of nitrous. Due to legal limitations he will be
removing the bottle and running it with just a carb, but he will be running.

After flipping the car at just a touch over 100, and going through the traps
spinning upside down on the roll bar at around 96 mph, it is now sporting
fresh paint.
The dents from the wreck are removed, a nice hood scoop installed, and a
shiny gun metal gray paint applied. I thought I had a pair of used Sprite
wings around, but I can't locate them. If anyone has an old bonnet emblem
they would be willing to part with, please contact me. He has never had any
sort of markings on the car since he started racing it. It has been called
everything from a Triumph, to an MG, to finally that fast as hell little
car. It would be nice, IF he gets any camera time, for folks to see just
what it is, without credit being given to marques that are not worthy of the
attention. <BG>
If you live around the area, come on out to see the lil' beggar run. I'll
try and catch Dave at his shop, and get some new photos of the car, if I can
find someone willing to host them. I know that Ed doesn't want folks trying
to run the quicktime movie of the car idling, on his page, but it is pretty
cool to hear it running. Download it, and pump up the volume through your
computer sub woofer system.
Hope to see some of you there.

Brad

--