[Spridgets] Flounder's own SOS

To: "'Team-Thicko@Autox.Team.Net'" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>,
Subject: [Spridgets] Flounder's own SOS
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 09:06:04 -0600
Hey youse guys,

I've got a lot going on right now, and not much of it is good. I was
supposed to start a new job the Monday after SOS '07 .(yes, as in 2007 a
long time ago).

The written offer kept getting delayed, and 2 days before Xmas '07, they
underwent a workforce reduction, and rescinded all offers. So, I've been out
of work since then, and it ain't pretty.

In fact, I spend about 10-12 hours a day looking for a gig. As some of you
know, it is just plain ugly, especially if you've made decent money and are
over 50.

So, now my situation is trying to save both my marriage and the farm. I'm
not sure whether I'll be able to save either, but I am going to try.

The bulk of everything that was done at SOS '07 still sits where it was
left, as I'm too busy looking for work, helping with aging parents, and the
fact that going out there is too depressing.

I don't have any propane out there to heat the shop, but generally it's
quite a bit warmer in there than outside.

I'm looking for help in March on weekends to help get a lot of things done
out there. I need to organize/purge/sell parts. I need to push some cars
around that I can't do by myself. I have a couple of non LBC projects that I
can use extra hands to sort out (fuel pump relay on my '82 633 CSI and an
ignition switch on an FJ70 Landcruiser.

A lot of what I have will be for sale, and those of you that have been here
know how much stuff I have. I need to be prepared to downsize to a space
that's less than half of what I have currently.

(Again, I'd rather save both my marriage and the farm, but need to be
prepared to lose on both fronts.)

So, anyone interested in helping? We'd target mid-March as the weather
breaks a little.

WST