Re: [Spridgets] exhaust smell after a drive...

To: shelden3@pldi.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] exhaust smell after a drive...
From: John Innis <jdinnis@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 09:55:40 -0600
I have been told before that this can happen exactly as you describe.
It would be pretty easy to put an extension on the exhaust tip and see
if it gets better.  Our FLAPS carries a chrome extension that attaches
with thumb screws.  Maybe not secure enough for a permenante mount,
but would at least let you figure out if this is what's causing the
problem.

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 9:46 AM,  <shelden3@pldi.net> wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> I've owned and driven two different spridgets and both have always had the
> same result.  After a drive I get out smelling like car exhaust. I've
> checked the usual suspects, leaks under hood etc.  Now some history:
>
> Both cars have had exhaust installed at same shop
> single tube from manifold (3n1 and LCB on other) to glass pack muffler
>
> On both cars they leave the tip right even with the bottom roll pan on the
> car, my thought is that air is coming under the car and rolling up the
> back and into the cockpit, bringing the exhaust gas with it.
>
> So does this seem plausible?  How far past the back of the car does your
> tip extend? I'm thinking if it were a bit longer that maybe it would put
> the exhaust tip just beyond the point where the gas gets pulled back into
> the cockpit.
>
> I'm at a loss on this one, it isn't running rich or anything.  It is my
> wife's only complaint..."we smell like we have been pushing a lawn mower
> when we get done driving"...
>
> HELP...
> Charlie

= Never offend people with style when you   =
= can offend with substance --- Sam Brown  =