[Spridgets] Ill fitting tonneaus

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Ill fitting tonneaus
From: James Gruber <thistle_3619@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 12:18:11 -0800 (PST)
David,

As long as you can get the snaps in the back to fit, it is simple to add a
snap extender to the front of the tonneau. Get yourself a piece of nylon
webbing 1" strap from someplace like JoAnne's Fabric or one of those type of
stores the Spridgeter's only go into unless they are in search of vinyl for
interior panels. Will cost you all of a buck or two for a ft of material. Add
a male and female snap on either end of a 1-2" piece of nylon webbing or
whatever length is needed to connect to those snaps on the bottom of the
windshield. Problem of ill fitting tonneau is permanently solved without
having to fight with it every time I want to use it.

On another subject, I added an extra snap approximately 1-2 inches behind the
vent window. I used a snap base with a threaded screw fitting, drilled a small
hole and tapped with the appropriate thread size and screwed in the snap base.
I added a snap on the tonneau on each side with top pulled tight. Top no
longer sags under water weight and top fits tight on the PS when at speed. No
more coming loose and pulling away. Two simple solutions for ill fitting
tonneaus.