Re: [Spridgets] SU throttle overrun valves

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] SU throttle overrun valves
From: Andy Webster <a_d_webster@yahoo.com.au>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 18:47:58 -0800 (PST)
I bought a cheap but nice looking HIF44 on ebay for my sprite that had the
anti-run-on valve.

I hated that it killed all the compression braking, so bought another, cheaper
HIF44 and swapped the butterflies.

I like the throttle to have a strong return spring also...it seems to help
give the exhaust a nice growl when the car is slowing down or when you change
down the gears.

That valve in the throttle disc can't be good for airflow... give them the A.

on the subject of backfires...is it really bad for the engine to purposely
backfire?
for example, when your heading down hill into a tunnel at 50mph, and you close
the throttle and switch the ignition off for 3 or 4 seconds, then switch it
back on....BOOM!
My dad blew a muffler apart doing this, but do you think it could damage the
engine at all?

Andy