Re: [Spridgets] Skimpy Tonneaus

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Skimpy Tonneaus
From: dlancer7676@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 15:31:29 +0000 (UTC)
Custom-making may be the ticket--thanks Frank. Speaking of puddling in the
tonneau, several years ago I had the puddling problem with the tonneau even
though I had the tonneau bar that fit behind the seats. It still drooped in the
middle when water would collect in it and would drip through the zipper. So I
went to the shop and took a piece of 3/4" thin wall tubing and beat out a bar
that fits around the original tonneau bar and shaped the front end of the bar
to kind of snap over the dash. Now, with the linear bar in place, the tonneau
slopes nicely and water runs off of it. I posted pics of the bar a long time
ago, just after I made it. Works really well.

--David C.
If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others
here for?