[Spridgets] New Owner of a Sprite! #HAN7L38284

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] New Owner of a Sprite! #HAN7L38284
From: Rick Bastedo <rbastedo@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 16:31:17 -0800
Our mutual friend and fellow President of the Sprite & Midget Club, BillM,
called last week to tell me about a '63 Sprite languishing in the garage of
someone he works with.
He asked if I might be interested in it, and of course I was.

So today I went and met the (now) previous owner.
Real nice guy, we talked cars and telescopes and kids and came down to it
and I asked what he wanted to get for the car.
Turns out the answer was exactly the amount I had brought with me.
So we exchanged paper.

I'm now the proud new owner of HAN7L38284.
Now where do I go to figure out how that VIN decodes?

The body is in great shape, under and over all great except...

Brian got the car in 1979, the PO before him had some sort of V8 or
something in there that required a huge hood scoop.
The thing looks like a BUICK!!!

That's OK - I have 2 hoods here already so I can get one painted red and
bolt it right on there.
Now it has a nice 948 in it with dual SU's. SWEET!!!

Oh, the car is Jalapeno Red. That the actual paint code, don't know what
it's originally for.

It has a serviceable soft top and side curtains.
Needs new rubber seals, under the windshield etc.
Has seats that look like they are from a 79 Midget. They HAVE to go.
Has aftermarket 70's looking steering wheel. It HAS to go.

I'd really like original seats & steering wheel in there and I'll be putting
a proper bonnet on it ASAP.

If anyone has some original seats they want to get rid of, or steering
wheel, send me an email.

I just bought this on Ebay Australia:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=310125150173
So I guess the front bonnet badge with the wings can be had once in a while,
if you are looking for one remember to check the ebay.com.au and
ebay.co.uksites as well as the normal
ebay.com

The car will be delivered most likely in about a week.

Rick (with that new lbc silly grin) Bastedo