Re: [Spridgets] Need vacuum unit for a 25D4

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Need vacuum unit for a 25D4
From: "Dave G." <kk7ss@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 08:20:24 -0700
To all who replied... and you know who you are   <GRIN>,

Shoer re-cap...
The engine in the beast is a 1275cc of unknown ancestry -- fake
engine number stamped into the block!!
The carbs 'might' have come from a Mini...
The current dizzy has a top entry red capped dual point but has no
vacuum advance, no labels and no ID numbers on it !!

The 25D4 dizzy I have has the numbers "40767 F" and "12 69" stamped
on it... The shaft has no play, it has good points and the dog is
good.  But it was designed for use with an 848cc engine...

I can get a Cardone remanucatured dizzy from Autozone for $82 but I
don't know if it's any good or even if it has the dog gear fitted!!

So, after reading everybodies replies, my question now is;  Should I
just forget about it and get the correct dizzy?? Or should I get this
one rebuilt??

Your advice would be of great value..

Two hail storms yesterday!! Current temp 22*F... I'm not going into
the garage today!!

--
Dave G.   KK7SS
'65 MK III Sprite in Richland, WA

If I wake up in the morning, and I hurt, it means that I'm still
alive !!