Re: [Spridgets] value of rebuildable ribcase

To: Frank <spritenut@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] value of rebuildable ribcase
From: Marc <smarc@smarc.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 23:21:25 -0400
Uh... thats a frightening thought.... Here's where I convince myself
thats not the problem since I properly torqued the flywheel bolts and
used loctite on them...

I'm pretty sure it's either the  throwout bearing or something goofy
with the pressure plate. I first thought the engine was pinging
terribly, until I drove past a wall that reflected the sound back to me
so I could hear it coming from underneath. Which is also when I noticed
the slightest pressure on the clutch pedal would make it stop rattling.

I'm going to see if I can find a few minutes this week to put it on the
lift and see if I can see anything though the fork opening... Dont have
time to yank the motor for probably a couple weeks yet..

--

Marc