Re: [Spridgets] going to England

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Glen Byrns
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] going to England
From: David Booker <tncarnut1@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 15:29:14 -0700 (PDT)
--- On Mon, 4/6/09, Glen Byrns <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu> wrote: "anything else a
WWII/Brit car nut should include? "

Caterham Cars is south of London (in Caterham, naturally enough).  The
dealership is a wonderful place with quite a few significant cars in a big
room out back.  I wrangled a tour of the "factory" one year too - it's in a
different place, I think Dartford, which is southeast of London. Great bunch
of guys. There's Brands Hatch where you can do all sorts of driving schools
among other things.  Check the schedule online to see if there's an
interesting race happening while you're there - the vintage races have LOTS
of cool cars (even in the parking lot).  There's also Silverstone, I've never
been there but have driven by it many times.  If you're up in Hethel
territory, the Lotus factory is a very cool place.  There's a shop around back
of the main bldg with books, models, etc. You have to book WAY in advance to
get a tour though. Try now. Beaulie is a must do even if the jumble isn't
going on - Excellent museum.  I could go on, but it's safe to
 say there are more gear-head things to do than your understanding wife would
ever allow in one trip.  Enjoy yourself!
David Booker
'71 Midget
Long Island