Re: [Spridgets] rusty bits

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] rusty bits
From: "Andrew Payne" <andrewpayne@intrex.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 09:38:52 -0400
List,

Thank you for your help!  I just picked up a can of PB Blaster, a popular
recommendation, and in stock at the local MG'er owned parts store.  I hope
this will help.  However, there are several flaws in my technique that may
be even more important to fix:

Coating the fasteners AFTER installation for next time - thanks Guy
There may be a way to use electrolytic process in place - thanks Kevin
Careful use of a torch may work - Frank I'll call when I burn he parts up ;)
Tighten the loosen patiently - thanks Ed
Home Brew ATF - Acetone mix may work the best - thanks William
Finally, Ed made me realize what I had suspected for some time, that I just
need to drink more beer!  Perhaps the OTHER home brew will work well for
that.

Cheers
Drew