Re: [Spridgets] Replacement of Bushings on the 1/4 Elliptic leaf

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Replacement of Bushings on the 1/4 Elliptic leaf
From: David Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 12:28:46 -0500
Marty,

Clean out the "eye' really well, wire brush or Dremel and then I coat
everything with vaseline or a bit of oil (even been known to put the
bushing in the freezer overnight...don't know if it really helped or
not).  I have a large 6" jawed vise and a socket that I used to press
the bushing in.  Worked very well.  DO NOT APPLY HEAT TO THE SPRING EYE.

Good luck,
Dave W.