[Spridgets] ignorance is bliss!!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] ignorance is bliss!!
From: jjj@acsnet.com
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 23:24:50 -0500 (CDT)
All on the list!!! The bypass query has been tossed around a lot. It was a
mystery to me too till I read Barney Gaylords "MGA Guru" site on cooling.
The "B" series engine has the same provision only inside the block. The
catalog stores sell a blanking sleeve to cover the port but they don't
apparently even know what its for. The original themostats had a "sliding
sleeve" that covered the port when the engine warmed up. The bypass then
enabled the engine to come up to operating temp quicker. Check out Barney,
the site is a treasure!!!
 Best regards, Kurt.