Re: [Spridgets] ABSOLUTELY NO LBC!!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] ABSOLUTELY NO LBC!!
From: Rick Bastedo <rbastedo@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 17:06:12 -0700
Well today my little redhead daughter was walking our Boxer boy and a
redneck came walking up and bumped into her.

Don't people have an idea about personal space?
Don't people know you don't just "bump into" a smallish redhead who is
walking a big beefy Boxer?

The guy survived the encounter, but he sure did have some foul language to
spew out on my little girl.
She apologized and said she would go and get her dad.

This was less than a block from our home, so it didn't take me long to get
over there.
I'd been working outside all day, cleaning up some flood mess and reclaiming
the back yard so I was not exactly "clean & pleasant".

He didn't have any bad language to share with me but said my dog had bitten
him.
I apologized and asked if he was injured.
He said "well... no... not really" He then pulled down his pants right there
in the parking lot and showed me the small reddish mark on his leg. Didn't
break the skin - there wasn't even a mark on his pants (didn't check the
back).
My boy gave him a warning.

I asked if he'd done anything to startle the dog or make him think his owner
was being attacked.
He lied and said no, the dog just came for him.
The people in the store agreed with my daughter.
Again I apologized to the guy and shook his hand, I don't think he thought I
was very sincere but he said "it's ok - no harm done" and got in his pickup
and drove off.
It was a good thing as I was primed & ready for some ass kicking.

I'd like to think that if I'd gotten into a situation like that where I
accidentally bumped into a girl and her big dog went for me I'd understand
that I was in the wrong. In fact I've been in that type of situation and
that was how I reacted, I was the one apologizing.

It's different if a dog sees you and runs up to get you and attacks you.
That wasn't the case.
He definitely reacted to his owner being attacked and he put his mouth on
the man to keep him from going further.
He didn't bite down, but he prevented any further action towards his owner.

Now of course everyone is saying he has to be neutered, this stuff can't be
allowed to continue.
Unbelievable.

All dogs of Mastiff origin are inclined to be that way. Little Murphy
thinks he is a 150# lap dog.  It took him less than 10 minutes to kill
two adult wolf hybrids and come home without a scratch.

Kate