Re: [Spridgets] So Glad About Finally Getting My Clutch Working

To: Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2@gmail.com>,spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] So Glad About Finally Getting My Clutch Working
From: Peter Caldwell <peter@nosimport.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 14:05:24 -0500
Land Rovers had a slave adjustment and a return spring on the Series
2. On the Series 2As, the part numbers changed to reflect no spring,
and no adjustment. All other components stayed the same.

It seems adjusting the clutch (or rather NOT adjusting the clutch)
was too much effort, and not needed, and problematic if done incorrectly.

Few, if any cars nowadays have an adjustable slave cylinder and
return spring. The bearing is fine gently riding on the pressure
plate... just like brake pads. But, like brake SHOES, if your gonna
have a spring, then you're gonna have to adjust for wear.

I "upgraded" my Landie by removing the spring.  woo-hoo

Peter C.

=======