Re: [Spridgets] NO LBC Mac/PC/Phone WiFi setup

To: Larry Miller <millerls@ado13.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] NO LBC Mac/PC/Phone WiFi setup
From: Lester <oldsaabguy@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 16:16:34 -0500
As to the Macs..

Turn on cable modem

Buy any cheap wireless router, plug it into cable modem with ethernet
cable and turn it on

Turn on Macs,  go to Apple in upper left of menu bar>System
preferences>Network and choose Airport, verify that Airport is on,
when prompted to join network, join.  Or look in the upper right of
the menu bar and see if there is a "radar" symbol or triangle, click
on it to turn Airport on.

You're done.

Actually you probably have Airport on already and as soon as you get a
wireless router hooded up you will see the "radar" symbol go black.
It looks like how radar is always represented with waves headed out.
If they are greyed out then Airport is on but you are not hooked up to
a network.