Re: [Spridgets] Beautiful '59 Bug Eye on eBay. . But 1275 Engine?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Beautiful '59 Bug Eye on eBay. . But 1275 Engine?
From: "Dean Hedin" <dlh2001@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 23:21:07 -0400
One thing that ebay bugeye has that I was just contemplating about for my own
car.

"The car is fitted with a new high-quality Optima battery, which is covered
with a period
"tar-top" battery top and case, a very nice period-looking touch for the engine
compartment."

Does anybody know where can I get such a cover?

In any case, I agree with Frank.  Too many of the little details are wrong on
that car that could have
easily been done correctly.   I've seen quite a few bugeyes that don't have the
front cockpit
aluminum surround properly covered as was original, but I have never seen one
where all the surrounds
were covered.  Somebody had some skill, but just didn't do the research.

That being said, I still think the final price was very reasonable.  Lottsa new
chrome, spare roll bar, etc...
.