Re: [Spridgets] NY Plates

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] NY Plates
From: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 10:50:04 -0500
C'mon Larry, you know there aren't that many 55 year olds out in a patrol
car. Google average age for law enforcement officers...   its around 35.
55? That would be, what, about 5% of all cops/highway patrol? Now subdivide
that number by motorheads that know anything about antiques...   Maybe 2% to
be generous?  So the odds become 2 in 100 that the cop who sees you would
even be interested in stopping you. Based on my experience, I've been
stopped by more cops than that who just wanted to talk about my car or
motorcycle!

Let's face it. There are so many niggling little laws on the books that
knowledge of them and therefore enforcement is becoming a huge problem for
all law enforcement. You worked for law enforcement.  Would YOU give a guy a
ticket who was just out driving around in a bugeye or would you just warn
him.

Cops got better things to do.....

Cheers!!
Jim