[Spridgets] (non) Fitting Rear End Plate

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] (non) Fitting Rear End Plate
From: Greg Mahney <mahney@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 21:24:06 +0800
I'm rebuilding a 1098 engine.  I've just gone to fit the rear end plate, and
it doesnt seem to fit!!.. I'm pretty sure I have it the right way around.

The problem seems to be in getting the plate to fit over the oil pump
(whilst still fitting onto the two locating pins).  The new oil pump I have
put on has a "fatter" top than the old one I had.  I don't know if that
would make any difference and I haven't refitted the old one to check that
out.

Has anyone else had this problem.

Thanks

Greg