[Spridgets] Update

To: spridget <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Update
From: David Booker <tncarnut1@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 19:57:46 -0700 (PDT)
Well, I actually took the night off tonight and did yard work.  I think I've
spent every week night & all day weekends in the garage since pulling the
engine two weeks ago last Saturday. As of 11:30 last night, the second coat of
Magnet Paints' "Chassis Saver" Satin black is on the entire engine bay. The
car looks like it is frozen in mid explosion at the moment as I unscrewed
everything from under the hood except the brake lines and suspended it all via
twine from the ceiling to let me paint under it. Engine is of course on the
stand and looking very fine if I do say so myself. Block, head & valve cover
are all red - though it is Ford red rather than the MG red. Oil pan, dipstick,
oil tube to the filter, and pulleys are all gloss black. intake manifold looks
almost chrome after quite a while with steel wool and the wire wheel. Exhaust
manifold is flat black header paint.

I have spent probably 80 or 90 hours since pulling the engine dedicated to
scraping, straightening, rubbing, polishing, cleaning, etc.  Does not look
like a show car (this is a good thing as I am NOT about to start polishing
stuff every time it gets dusty), but it looks WAY better than it did, and all
the rusty/greasy/oily/grimy bits are now clean and painted.  I also shot a
pressure washer thru every water orifice in the block and head till it ran out
clean everywhere.  That along with the new water pump and newly dipped/cleaned
radiator & overflow (and new hoses thanks to Daniel) means it should run much
cooler too. Hopefully I'll get everything back in there by the end of the long
weekend. Cant wait!

David Booker
'71 (looking much better now) Midget
Long Island