[Spridgets] Hot Running

To: corvallis@peoplepc.com
Subject: [Spridgets] Hot Running
From: Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 10:58:31 -0700
My son had a early 90's Suzuki 16 Valve. .  forget the name of the car.  Fun
little thing when it was running.

I pulled the radiator and swapped it in for the stock Brit design.  I was
running 240 at hot summer stop lights. ..

I had to do something fairly fast.

Since I changed the radiator out. . . running 160 -170. . . never higher
than 170 no matter what the conditions are outside.  Sits at 170 during long
stop lights in 100 degree plus heat.  (At the same time my body temp is
probably sitting at 200)!

Same radiator as a Geo Metro.

I also used the electric fan hooking it up to a thermostat I bought from an
auto parts store.

Blanking sleeve, high water ratio with distilled water.  Probably running
too cool at this point.

No doubt the stock radiator needed to be routed out. .  however, I am not
sure if the stock radiator would still be able to keep my car running as
cool as the "Metro" unit I put in.

Kirk