Re: [Spridgets] In a lurch

To: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] In a lurch
From: CosmicMag1380 <cosmicmag1380@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 22:37:01 -0600
On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 4:56 PM, Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com> wrote:

This is regarding my street Bugeye, 1960 with stock suspension and 4 wheel
drum brakes. When I hit the brake pedal, it lurches HARD to the left. Not a
little drift - it snaps the steering wheel counterclockise. I have changed
various elements one at a time over the past year, it's unchanged. I've
changed:

Have you inspected the A-frames for cracks? Look below the gudgeon pin on
the back side of the A-frame going from the pin to the bottom of the
A-frame... They have a tendancy to crack there and it could manifest itself
that way. I'd check the one on the left first.

--
Kent
1960 Bugeye