[Spridgets] Another Kind of Lurch

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Another Kind of Lurch
From: "Bud Pazur" <bpazur@excel.net>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 14:52:20 -0500
I need some suggestions.

At the end of last riding season, My Bug was running fine, after I discovered
a small piece of rubber tubing stuck in the outlet of the front float
chamber.

This Spring, it doesn't run at all. It spits, misses, backfires horribly.

I tore the carbs apart (1275 w/ 2 HS2s). I blew air backwards thru the jets,
etc. No change. Funny thing, it idles beautifully, and in the garage, it revs
beautifully. About 11 deg at idle, and 30 deg full max.

So I looked at the electrical side. I made sure the plugs weren't fouled, and
the wires weren't grounding on anything. No change.

I've got a brand new gas filter, a Facet pump and a Purolator regulator.

What is my problem? Any help appreciated.

Bud