[Spridgets] SU needle question

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] SU needle question
From: "Dave G." <kk7ss@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 19:18:46 -0700
I have a pair of SU's (with soldered poppets on the butterflies) that
I've been using as a source of parts...
And I've been looking at the spring loaded needles on the carbs on
the car versus the ones in the parts carbies..

I find that I have two flavors of the round collar that the spring
loaded needle sits in...

The ones' in the car are just a hollow cylinder and use a flat tipped
needle securing screw.

But the parts carbs collars also have a V shaped groove on the
oustside and use a conical tipped needle securing screw... (set
screw?)

As I have had the rear carb needle drop a bit in the piston -once-
I'm considering putting the V-grooved collars with conical tipped
needle locking screws in the cars' carbies plus a dab of thread
securing compound...

If I have made myself clear... (??) does anyone have any thoughts on
the matter... one way or the other??

I can find no references to this in Haynes, Bentley or the Factory
manuals...  ;-((

BTW I am now in "lust" with the Taurus Judge with the 6" barrel !!!

--
Dave G.   KK7SS
'65 MK III Sprite in Richland, WA

If I wake up in the morning, and I hurt, it means that I'm still
alive !!