Re: [Spridgets] 69 Brakes fixed.

To: spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 69 Brakes fixed.
From: brian S <bugeye15@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 15:22:51 -0400
Interesting problem/solution.

love to see some pics.
Did you sell it back to the original owner?

Brian S.
Bugeyeracer finally resto'ed!

ps The rubber straps that you used for my bonnet hold down.
Do you remember where you got them?
I'd like to get another set, as when I hit some bumps, the bonnet
shifts and falls off the rubber channel.
Then the tires rub going around corners.

> Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 22:46:59 -0400
> From: spritenut@comcast.net
> To: spridgets@autox.team.net
> Subject: [Spridgets] 69 Brakes fixed.
>
> No juice to the rear wheels was a bad shuttle valve or what ever is in
> the brass failure switch.
> And of my 2 spares, both had the same problem.
> How many Spridgets are running with no rear brakes?
> Pedal was hard, air could be blown thru the shuttle but fluid did not
> pass the shuttle which did it's job when the brakes failed back in 1977.
> I pulled out the plunger, not exactly as the book states with gentle air
> pressure since 120 psi didn't move it but when you heat it up and melt
> the shuttle seals, it comes out.
> No shuttle now and the brakes are fine. I even had a boogered thread on
> the union which had a leak, all fixed now.
> BTW, it's sold!
>
> --
> Frank Clarici
> Toms River, NJ
> My own Fleet of Sprites

Insert movie times and more without leaving Hotmail..
http://windowslive.com/Tutorial/Hotmail/QuickAdd?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Tutoria
l_QuickAdd_062009