Re: [Spridgets] What engine?

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] What engine?
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 12:29:21 -0700 (PDT)
> I have an engine with the tag removed
> (??why??).  I was told it is a 1098, extensively
> reworked by some famous engine builder from years ago.
> What should I look for to determine what it is?

Flounder is probably the best race parts cryptographer there is, so he may have
answered off line. The head may have markings back by the heater valve ("CTXXX"
for Comptune, for instance), and it will likely at least have the chamber
volumes marked as well. Some guys put the flow bench numbers on there as well.
The crank may be marked  - I recently bought a crankshaft for $60 that still
had Rick Haynes' name on it (jackpot). This is usually a lot of fun - let us
know what you find.

Ron