Re: [Spridgets] Carbs

To: "Michael Rowe" <mdrowe@optonline.net>, "Spridget Chat Group"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Carbs
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 17:00:00 -0400
Michael,
There is a reason that doing things by the book has not served you well:  In
order to be successful, you must start at the beginning (in this case, the
carbs must be properly assembled, with correct parts and correct float
levels on both carbs), and don't skip any of the steps you are supposed to
take.  It's nothing short of amazing (being a bit sarcastic here ;)) how
well things will work for you when you PROPERLY do things "by the book".
In the case of your car, it's important that the valve clearances, dwell
angle and timing be correctly set before you even cast a sideways glance at
the carbs.  From the sound of it, your float levels are significantly out of
wack, and there is something definitely not right with the jet mounting on
the front carb (something not fitting right, incorrect parts, extra
something in there, etc.).
Once everything is correctly adjusted/sorted out and back to factory specs,
I have a feeling that your understanding of "running fine" will reach a new
level.
Good luck and have fun.
Bud Osbourne