Re: [Spridgets] poor starting when hot

To: corvallis@peoplepc.com
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] poor starting when hot
From: Hal Faulkner <frog.aye@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 10:41:02 -0700
If you want your K&N filters to work properly DO NOT soak them in oil!  K&N
makes a kit for cleaning their filters.  It consists of a cleaner with which
you soak the filter, then rinse out thoroughly with water.  After the filter
elements have dried (air dried, I believe) you oil them according to the
instructions with the (K&N) oil.  Too much oil ( and, I presume, too heavy
an oil) will reduce the airflow through the filter.
BTW, one potential cause of insufficient starter oomph is battery cables,
replace 'em if they are old or show any signs of corrosion around the
battery terminal.  Don't ask me how I know.

Hal