[Spridgets] Undercoating

To: Spridget Chat Group <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Undercoating
From: Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 10:53:40 -0400
It turns out my BE undercoating was put on over bare metal and at least some of
it peals off easily.  So it will have to be stripped.  I don't know what the
undercoating is.  This nasty is like fresh roofing tar; it remains sticky and
makes a mess of anything that touches it.  Maybe it *is* roofing tar.

How do I strip it?  If I use a solvent, it will just dissolve an make a thinner
mess over an even wider area.  I need something that leaves the tar unable to
stick to anything else.  Is there a product that turns oil-based goo into a
jell?  Aircraft Stripper? Eastwood makes a stripper specifically for
undercoating.  Has anyone used it?

Tarball Rowe
'74 Midget
'60 Sprite