Re: [Spridgets] OT: Chasing down an electrical gremlin

To: Chris Manuel <cmanuel@wi.rr.com>, 'Spridgets' <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] OT: Chasing down an electrical gremlin
From: <bighealey@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 14:12:08 -0400
Check your local parts houses.  Some (Autozone here in CA) have a diagnostic
computer you can hook up for free (with deposit).  get the failure codes and
then the parts house can intrepret the error codes.  In my case on a 2000 Ford
ranger we hooked it up and the error code indicated a rear axle sensor was bad.
 I bought the 25 dollar part installed it and it has been working ever since.
A good bmw shop will have a gt-1 computer that will get right to the heart of
the problem.