[Spridgets] Top up or Down

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Top up or Down
From: Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 12:08:59 -0700
I love driving my B Eye with the top up almost as much with the top down.
Something about being cramped in that tight noisy space that makes me feel
like it is me against the world in my little machine.

Old Brit cars were implanted into my psyche when I was around ten years
old.

A boy friend of a gal that lived across the street used to take me out in
his new white red interior Bugeye that his dad bought for him new.

He used to get a kick out of scaring the heck out of me. . . taking turns at
super fast speeds.

When I came into a windfall of 106k I bought a running non rust car with a
rebuilt 1275 for $4,400.  Since then I have put about 1,500 into doing
upgrades, front disc's Weber, Monza exhaust, headers, electric fan with Geo
Metro radiator. .  urethane bushings, sway bar, elec fuel pump, rib case
gear box. .  high energy ign with Pertronix in a Mallory dual point as well
as a host of other things to include a new gear redux starter,  Toyota
alternator, etc etc etc.

*I guess most of us had an early experience that set us on this course?
*
Kirk
PS
My first Brit car. .  a clean 1960 MGA that I was a fool for selling.  I
paid $1,500 for it in primo condition.
Drove the dog out of it and it never let me down.  I bought it in 1976.

(I am still waiting for the next "windfall" but there is nothing on the
horizon)!