[Spridgets] I'm shocked and dismayed!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] I'm shocked and dismayed!
From: Peter Caldwell <peter@nosimport.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 17:09:36 -0700
Yesterday a customer came in a picked up a LEFT rear shock for his Midget.

Today he calls to tell me I gave him a RIGHT.   I said "Fine (or some
f-word) I have made a mistake in my life, maybe I pulled the wrong
one. Come on back and we'll swap."

He shows up with his old one as a core, and I could tell right away
it was one of ours about 6 years old. It wasn't leaking, so I grabbed
it and it seemed fine to me. "What" says I "seems to be the problem,
and by the way, this is a RIGHT hand shock."

He says it has air in it, and shows me by holding it with the valve
up and moving the lever.

I said it "goes the other way round, you're holding it upside down."
He said, "But that's the way it was on my car."

'So, it handled kinda funny?" I say.

"It was weird, but it always was bouncy. I bought it this way."

I gave him his money back, and told him the "core" he had was fine,
and to put them on the right way.

I had to go look at the 65 Sprite currently turtling in the back of
the shop to see if it would be possible to install them upside down,
and yes, they will fit, but......

Echoes of Paul A ringing in my ears..."it only goes on one way.."

Peter C.