[Spridgets] Temp guage rebuild

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Temp guage rebuild
From: "Dean Hedin" <dlh2001@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 22:57:57 -0400
This works easy.  I just did it tonight.
http://www.ply33.com/Repair/tempgauge

Thanks to whoever originally posted this link.

I used a Sunpro temp guage from Autozone ~$16US

I bought a copper splice tube from the local hobby shop (it's about 0.10 OD).

The original Bugeye capillary is larger and you will have to drill the splice
tube out
just as indicated in the article.

The new capillary on the Sunpro is thinner but the outer spring seems to be
much
tougher to cut than the original.

The Sunpro fitting fits the Bugeye radiator, although it is a little shorter
than the original.
My original nut was rounded over and corroded, and is one reason why I'm doing
this.

When you are all finished you can intertwin the new outer cover spring with the
old spring
on the gauge side and all is well.

Heck of a lot cheaper than what that dude on ebay is charging.
If your uncomfortable with doing this yourself feel free to email me off list..